Top 5 Most Sold Players On eBay
We all have that pile of cards in some room: One that you have combed through at least fifty times. In sifting through them, you find some winners. Whether it be the glorious Mike Trout rookie, or a card that brings great memories to you (for me, it’s any Andrew McCutchen card). After spending countless hours sifting, top-loading, and deciding which ones to sell, you begin to think, “how many Lastings Milledge cards actually have sold recently?” (211 as I write this). These are the top five most sold players in the past three months.
**One thing to note. I am relying on eBay statistics here. 1.1 million cards sold by the player were unspecified. Be sure to make your eBay listings extremely detailed so that this data, your success, and our sanity can be achieved.
(5) Aaron Judge (19,547): The 6’8” behemoth, Judge is the current face of the New York Yankees. He’s increased his walk rate, cut down his strikeout rate, and his cards have increased in value. The peak card for Judge is his 2013 Bowman Chrome Auto with the orange parallel fetching $16,100 in a recent eBay sold listing. Even the paper card can get you a cool $10. As for other cards, his 2017 Topps Chrome RC, and his Leaf Metal cards from 2013-2015 also fetch a cool price.
(4) Cody Bellinger (21,284): It’s obvious that Bellinger cracks the top five given the season he’s having. He’s constantly jockeying for the HR and RBI lead as well as being an MVP candidate. Not a shocking development, his 2015 Bowman Chrome 1st is a must have with the orange parallel selling for $20,000. Other hits to have include his 2017 Topps Heritage High Number, and his 2017 Topps Finest Auto RC..
(3) Vladimir Guerrero* (22,482): As you can assume, this includes both Sr and Jr. I couldn’t leave this off the list however, because Jr crushed the recent HR Derby, spiking his already climbing numbers. Again, Bowman Chrome 1st takes the cake as his most sought after card which his orange parallel sold for $35,999. Others include his 2016 Bowman Best Auto, his 2019 SP in Topps Series 2, and the father-son duo signature on the 2019 Topps Definitive set.
(2) Derek Jeter (23,579): I was surprised to see Jeter this high on the list. The last captain of the Yankees, Jeter must have some staying power with collectors. His 1992 Little Sun Auto at a PSA 10 sold recently for $60,000. Other great Jeter cards include his delicate 1993 SP foil Upper Deck Premier Prospects, his 1993 Topps RC (labeled 1992 Draft Pick), and his 1993 Upper Deck Top Prospect card.
(1) Mike Trout (36,036): Mike Trout cards will forever be at the top of any baseball card collectors list. He’s always in the top three for any batting and defensive statistic, as well as a perennial MVP candidate. A sure fire Hall Of Famer, even if he fell off the face of the Earth today. To keep up with consistency, his best card is the 2009 Bowman Chrome 1st Orange recently selling for a staggering $93,127. Other greats include his 2011 Topps Update RC (the diamond version of this card is amazing), his 2011 Bowman Chrome, and his 2011 Topps Finest.
Others to note: Nolan Ryan (18,078), Mickey Mantle (18,099), Christian Yelich (14,124), Bryce Harper (12,588) ,Wander Franco (12,444). PR