Grade the Break - 2018 Bowman Platinum #2
Here are the results from the second Bowman Platinum Break. This broke on Sunday night and it just reinforced how much fun this product can be to open up. The PROS and CONS didn't change since the first break.
* Different card design than other sets (may be a con for some collectors)
* Top Rookies - Ohtani, Albies, Mejia, Flaherty, Verdugo, Robles, Hoskins, and Rosario
* Top Prospects - Acuna, Guerrero, Eloy Jimenez, McKay, and Torres
* Nice Inserts: Prismatic Prodigies, Rookie Revelations, and Platinum Presence
* 2 Autos Promised per box
* Lots of colored and numbered parallels
* Variations are Super Short Prints and are tough to get (hold value) - VARIATION GUIDE HAS BEEN UPDATED
* All teams are represented well
* Only available at Wal-Mart - Prices can be inflated (I got ours for retail cost)
* High gloss card with black background on base - easy for smudging/scratching (you will notice dust in the pictures)
* Variations are Super Short Prints and are tough to get
The second break of BP did not disappoint! This one went better than the first one, which is a great thing since the first break went pretty well. Distribution of teams, inserts, parallels, and numbered cards was really good. We got a little bit of everything. Including our first Hunter Greene short print. Check out some of the highlights from our second Bowman Platinum break!
Our Best Card
Shane Bieber Auto Blue Parallel /150
Our Other Autos
Christan Pache Base Auto
Albert Abreu Base Auto
Keegan Akin Gold Parallel Auto /25
I had the Orioles in this break, since an auto hit, that means everyone in this break was randomized and the winner will get a PC Auto/Hit.
Hunter Greene Short Print - we also rec'd 2 of his base cards
Rookies and Prospects
The rookies and prospects were similar to what we saw in the first break. We rec'd 2 Acuna's, Vlad, Senzel and more. Also rec'd Hoskins base.
Numbered and Inserts
Albert Pujols Blue Parallel /150
Chris Archer Purple Parallel /250
Francisco Lindor Platinum Presence
We also rec'd a #d Jordan Humphries and Hunter Renfroe
GRADE THE BREAK!
This was a great break. We got a little bit of everything. Our autos were quite good for a prospect driven product. Our numbered cards were decent and we got all of the main rookies and prospects. Lots of different things come out of this and it gives the break a very fulfilling feeling. That's all I want for the people that buy into my breaks.
Thanks to everyone that joined the break! Hope everyone enjoyed it. There is another BP that will be planned down the road, plus Finest and Inception are now live. Check upcoming breaks here. Also, the case of Chrome as been purchased. Went with the jumbo boxes instead. I am really excited and nervous. Most I've ever spent on product, by a lot!
Thanks for reading! - Aaron B